Special lecture meeting on Recent Trends in Banking
Department of Commerce (Aided) organized a special lecture meeting on 27.09.2019 at 11.00 am at D block Conference Hall on the theme “Recent Trends in Banking”.
The programme was started with Tamil Thaai Vazhthu. Dr.R. Padmaja, Head of the Department delivered the welcome address. The Chief Guest was introduced to the audience by Dr.A.Sudarvizhi, Assistant Professor of Commerce.
Dr.A.Noor Mohamed, Associate Professor and Head, PG and Research Department of Commerce, Islamiah College (Autonomous), Vaniyambadi acted as Resource person and addressed the gatherings on the theme “ Recent Trends in Banking”. He explained the new trends that are taking place in the banking sector. He also highlighted about the crypto currencies.
The programme was concluded with vote of thanks proposed by Dr.T.Bharathi, Assistant Professor of Commerce .
The Master of Ceremony for the programme was done by Dr.G.Bhavani, Department of Commerce.
Faculties from all the disciplines attended the programme. Nearly 200 students of Commerce Departments benefited out of this programme.
The feedback received from the student revealed that the programme was useful to them.
Report of parent –teachers meeting
The Parent-Teachers meeting of the Department of Commerce (Aided) was held on 26.09.2019 Thursday between 09.30 A.M. to 12.30 pm at D Block Conference Hall. In response to the invitation given by the department, 117 Parents participated. It was conducted effectively and enthusiastically and in general, we got appreciation from the parents in the following aspects.
- Holistic and parental approach of the department towards the welfare of the students.
- Innovative and modern teaching and coaching methodology.
- Academic excellence –securing best university results every year.
- SMS system & conduct of Tally courses were well appreciated.
- Conduct of Saleasmenship certificate course was appreciated
- The proposal to conduct a certificate course in personality development was highly appreciated.
- Conducting free IAS/IPS/UPSC/TNPSC classes was appreciated by the parents.
- Encouragement given to the students to participate in various academic programmes conducted within and outside the college so as to mould them to impart various skills, which are demanded in the employable market.
REPORT ON INDUSTRIAL VISIT
The Department of Commerce (Aided) arranged for Industrial Visit to SEA BLUE SHIPYARD Ltd.,V.P.ROAD, AZHEEKAL P.O,VYPIN, KOCHI-682 508on 05.10.2019 Saturday. Two staff members Dr.A.Sudarvizhi and Dr.T.Bharathi and two Non teaching staff members Mr. Kalaithendral and Mr.Indrajith along with 41 students started from the college campus at 6.30 pm on 03.10.2019.
On 05.10.2019, (Saturday) from 9.30 am to 12.00 noon, all the students and
Staff members went around the shipyard, where we saw the construction of few ships. Mr.E.D.Xavier, the Manager, HR showed us renovated ships and gave us a detailed explanation. He also gave a detailed description on the construction of the boats, the various materials used for construction and how other activities are carried on in the ship building process. All the students felt that the Industrial Visit was very useful and also they wondered about the process regarding the construction, renovating techniques. They all thanked the Department for taking initiatives and arranging.