D.K.M College for Women became autonomous in the year 2007. It is affiliated to the Thiruvalluvar University and it is free to frame its own syllabus to adopt innovative methods of teaching and evaluation. The students passing the examinations held by the college are conferred degrees by the Thiruvalluvar University with the name of the college also indicated on the degree issued to them.
- Heads of all the Departments
- Choice Based Credit System
- Wide choice in subjects
- Attendance is mandatory
- Improved and transparent paper valuations
- Timely publication of results
- Departments will have the freedom to adapt or adjust the syllabus according to needs with the approval of subject boards and Academic Council.
- Periodical changes in syllabus are advantageous in the changing educational scenario
- Wide range of elective subjects helps the students
- Well-maintained discipline
- Improved student-teacher interaction
- Seminars and assignments to build confidence in the student
- Separate classes for beginners and advanced students in the Foundation Courses
- Students have the opportunity to learn an additional language
- Several Certificate and skill based courses are offered for the benefit of students
- Students are aware of semester and continuous assessment examination dates well in advance
- Projects and internships being implemented at U.G and P.G level
As an autonomous institution, D.K.M College for Women has adopted the Semester cum Choice Based Credit System. At the undergraduate level the curriculum is for three years. At the postgraduate level the curriculum is for two years. Each year is divided into two semesters. The duration of the semester is 15 weeks with six working days per week.
- ODD Semester: From June to November.
- EVEN Semester: From November to April.