D.K.M. College IQAC
IQAC of D.K.M. College for Women was established in the year 2003 after the first NAAC Accreditation in the year 2002. This committee after its inception is actively functioning with basic objective of “Quality Enhancement and Sustenance’’. It has been methodical in guiding the college towards excellence. It acts as a body for improving the performance quality of the college in every aspect. The cell played pivotal role in preparing the college in all the three NAAC accreditation processes. After the first accreditation in 2002, it developed a system for conscious consistent and catalytic improvement in the performance of the institution.
The cell introduced the Departmentwise Registers, an innovative practice which would help the departments towards timely and efficient documentation. Regular internal academic audit of the various departments and units are conducted under the auspices of the cell. Also self-appraisal by teachers, student feedback on teachers and teacher feedback on college functioning are collected and analysed on a regular basis. The Cell along with UGC cell played a central role in preparing proposals for UG Grants and Basic Development Grant and the CPE first phase grant of the University Grants Commission.
The IQAC has been instrumental in preparing the College for autonomous status and for extension of autonomy. Suggestions on various strata for the smooth conduct of the academic programmes were given on a regular basis.
Functions of IQAC
- To serve as a guiding light for the institution towards excellence.
- To give recommendations for decision making to improve institutional functioning.
- Act as a nodal agency for coordinating various activities towards quality enhancement of the institution and institutionalization of best practices.
- Dissemination of information on the various quality parameters of higher education.
- Documentation of various programmes and activities leading to quality improvement.
- Preparation of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) to be submitted to NAAC based on the quality parameters.
- Organization of workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles.
- Arrangement for feedback response from students, parents and other stakeholders on quality-related institutional processes.
- Conduct of the internal academic audit to assess the annual progress of departments and the Institution.
Composition and Functions of IQAC
|3||Senior Administrative officers||:||
|5||One member from Management||:||Mr.Tata Sudhakar,Scientist F,NIOT,
|6||Nominees||:||Mr.Tata Sudhakar,Scientist F,NIOT,