Youth Red Cross: The Dynamics of its Role
The Youth of today are the responsible citizens of tomorrow the Most important task of universities and colleges is to equip the student youth to live and play their nation building activity purposefully and meaningfully along with NSS and NCC, the Youth Red Cross Wing has in recent years drawn in to its fold. The main objectives of youth Red Cross are “Health, Service and Friendship”.
Important activities of Youth Red Cross Banners
- Organizing Blood Donation Camps.
- Getting First aid Training.
- Collection and Distribution of old Cloths for victims of natural disasters.
- Disaster management training.
- Tree Plantation campaigns.
- Environmental Protection Projects.
- AIDS Awareness Programme.
- Campaigns against smoking, Alcoholism and Drug abuse.
- Arranging medical Camps.
- Educating the Public in Road safety norms.
Youth Red Cross Activities During 2014-2015
- District level Elocution Contests was held on 01.08.2014 at our college campus. Ten Colleges took part in the contests. The following volunteers won I place in the Elocution contests in Tamil and English respectively. Ms. P. Malathi, II B.Sc.,(Computer Science), Dr. M.G.R. Chockalingam Arts College, Arni. Mr. K. Ram Kumar, III Year E.C.E, Sri Venkateswara Polytechnic College, Adukkamparai. Topic : Indraiya Nilayil Manitha Uyirkalin Mathipu
- One day district level Youth Red Cross Training Cum Study Camp was organised on 24.08.2014. Fourteen Colleges took part in the camp.
- Four YRC Volunteers along with the YRC Programme Officer participated in the Inter – State YRC Training cum study camp at Bharathiar University, Coimbatore from 12.12.14 to 16.12.14.
- Participated in the Blood Donation Camp at Government Thirumagal Mills College, Gudiyattam on 18.10.2014.
- Dr. K. Ameenal Bibi, YRC Programme Officer acted as a resource person for the YRC Orientation Programme at Hindustan College of Arts and Science, Chennai on 22.01.2015.
- Organized a Health Programme at the college campus on the topic “Elegant Medical Tips for Healthy Life” on 27.03.2015. Resource Person : “Healer Baskar”.
Youth Red Cross Activities During 2016-2017
- INTERNATIONAL YOGA DAY was celebrated on 21-06-2016. 100 YRC volunteers participated.
- Awareness programme on INTERNATIONAL DAY AGAINST DRUG ABUSE AND ILLICIT TRAFFICKING was held on 28/06/2016 at IRCS, Vellore District Bracnch. YRC Volunteers took past.
- Awareness Programme on “VOLUNTARY BLOOD DONATION” was organized at D Block, Conference Hall on 01/07/2016. 120 YRC Volunteers participated. Dr. Latha Lakshmi M.B.B.S., D.G.O., M.S(O.G)., was the chief Guest.
- BLOOD DONATION CAMP was organized in the college campus on 22.7.2016. 30 Units of Blood were donated to Adukkamparai Medical College and Hospital, Vellore.
- ‘WORLD HEPATITIS DAY’ was observed on 27.07.2016 Dr.B.Nandhini M.B.B.S., CMC, triggered awareness about the disease. 400 YRC Volunteers took part.
- HIV/ AIDS AWARENESS PROGRAMME was held on 09/08/2016 from 11.30 AM to 1.00 PM at D Block Conference Hall. Ms.Malliga Chandran, Director, WHEEL, Addressed the gathering. 500 YRC Volunteers were Participated.
- GENEVA CONVENTION DAY was celebrated by organizing Elecution, Essay and Drawing Competitions on 17/08/2016.
Essay (Topic): International Redcross Movement
Drawing (Topic): Humanity
Elocution (Topic): Environmental Protection
- ONE DAY DISTRICT LEVEL YRC STUDY CAMP held on 02/09/2016. 120 YRC volunteers from 16 colleges tookpart.
- ONE DAY DISTRICT LEVEL ELOCUTION CONTEST held on 14/09/2016.
- Topic: Youth Employment in India(5 Minutes)
I Place: Ms.M. Karthiga Kingston Engg. College
II Place: Ms.Ghousia III B.Com., DKM College
- “INTERNATIONAL DISASTER REDUCTION DAY” Rally was observed on 13/10/2016 YRC P.O. and 50 YRC Volunteers participated in the Rally from Nataji Stadium to Gandhi Statue (Old Bus stand), Vellore
Dr. K. Ameenal Bibi, Asso. Prof. of Mathematics Received “Best District Organiszer award” for her YRC activities during the academic year 2012-2013, a State award from Indian Red Cross Society, Tamil Nadu Branch, Chennai.
Dr. Mrs. K. Ameenal Bibi, M.Sc.,M.Phil.,M.Ed.,Ph.D.,
Associate Professor of Mathematics