ANNUAL DAY REPORT – 2014-15
Honourable Chief Guest of the day Dr.M.A.Jayaraj, M.Com., M.Phil., PhD., Joint Director of Collegiate Education, Vellore region, Vellore. Respected President of the College Committee, Dr. T. Sivakumar, Respected Secretary Thiru. D. Maninathan, B.E., Members of the Trust, Guests, Dear staff and students, Welcome to the 43rd College Day Celebration.
I present unto you a brief report of the activities of the year 2014-2015.
Students Performance in the University Examination April 2014
|B.Sc. Nutrition Food Service Management and Dietetics||100|
|B.Sc. Computer Science||95|
|M.Sc. Applied Microbiology||82|
|M.Sc. Computer Science||100|
|M.Sc. Foods & Nutrition||100|
|M.Phil. Computer Science||100|
|M.Phil. Management studies||100|
|M.Phil. Food and Nutrition||100|
Scholarship Amount Disbursed through ECS
|STREAM||COMMUNITY||NO. OF STUDENTS BENEFITED||
|S.NO.||NAME OF THE AGENCIES||
|1||University Grants Commission – XII plan||9,12,710|
Management Cash Awards
Management gave cash awards on the Teachers day to the toppers in autonomous exams and departments which produced 100% results.
|1||Dr.Lt.A.Amirthavalli||Promoted from Assistant Professor to Associate Professor|
|2||Dr.R.Padmaja||Promoted from Assistant Professor to Associate Professor|
|3||Mrs.R.Banumathy||Promoted from Assistant Professor to Associate Professor|
Non – Teaching
Promoted as Assistant
|2||Mrs.S.Kalaiselvi||Promoted as Assistant|
The following faculty members have retired in the academic year 2014-2015
- R.Rajeshwari, Associate Professor & HOD of Mathematics
- K. Usharani, Office Superintendant
- S.Kalaiselvi, Assistant
Appointments during 2014-2015
- M.Gayathri, Assistant Professor of English
- N.Dhanam, Assistant Professor of Chemistry
- S.Jayanthi, Assistant Professor of History
- E.Amsa, HOD of Physical Education
- M.Nagarathinam, Associate Professor of Chemistry
- D.Sasikala, Assistant Professor of Zoology
- S.Santhalakshmi, Assistant Professor of Chemistry
Three of our faculty members have submitted their Ph.D thesis.
- A. Vidhya, Assistant Professor of Microbiology
- T. Gomathi, Assistant Professor of Chemistry
- P.C. Jagadha, Assistant Professor of Tamil
Total Research grants received
|Name of the staff||Year||Name of the project||Funding agency||
|Dr. P.N. Sudha||2012-2015||Fabrication of nanochitosan, cellulose acetate and polyethylene glycol, antifouling membranes for heavy metal contaminated wastewater treatment applications.||UGC, Major project||10,97,800|
|Dr. S. Santhalakshmi||2014 – 2016||Synthesis, crystal structure, characterization, antimicrobial and larvicidal studies of ternary transition metal complexes derived from aliphatic chelating diamine||UGC, Minor project||4,50,000|
|Ms. S. Asha||2014-2016||Antiurolithiatic Activity of Amaranthus Spinosus on ethylene glycol induced male rats||UGC, Minor project||2,83,000|
Faculty improvement programme (Refresher course/Orientation Course)
|S.No.||Name & Designation||Type of faculty programme|
Assistant Professor of Commerce
Training program by MICROSOFT at Thiruvalluvar University, Serkadu from 5th -11thJanuary 2015
|2||Dr.M.Jayasudha, Asst. Prof of Economics||
SAKSHAM –IT training program
Training program by MICROSOFT at Thiruvalluvar University, Serkadu from 5th -11thJanuary 2015
NSS Orientation program November 2014
|Asst. Prof of History||Madras School of Social Work, Chennai.|
Honours / Awards to the Faculty
|S.No||Name of the faculty||Designation||Nature of the award|
|1||Dr. P.N. Sudha||Principal||An award for the ‘excellence in the chosen Profession’’ in the year 2014, by Rotary District 3230.|
|2||Dr.M.Nagarathinam||Associate Professor of Chemistry||I Prize for paper presentation in National Conference conducted by C.Abdul Hakeem College of Engineering & Technology, Melvisharam.|
|3||Dr.Lt.A.Amirthavalli||Associate Professor & HOD of History||Makkal Sevakar award by Tamilnadu Cultural Training Centre, Salem.|
|4||Dr.G.Sujatha||Assistant Professor & HOD of Tamil||Ilakkiya Thendral award by Thamizhthaai Arakattalai, Tanjore.|
|5||Ms. K. Vijayalakshmi||Assistant Professor in Chemistry||
II prize for oral presentation in the UGC sponsored National conference conducted by the Department of Zoology, D.K.M. College, Vellore.
|6||Ms. P. Angelin Vinodhini||Ph.D. (JRF) Research Scholar||
Won best Oral presentation Award in the National Conference Conducted by the Department of Chemistry, C. Abdul Hakeem College of Engineering and Technology, Melvisharam
I am proud to record here that all the 15 departments of college conducted seminars, conferences, workshops, symposium and guest lecture.
- Totally 19 Guest Lectures were conducted by different departments on current topics to make the students aware of the latest researches in their field concerned.
- The Department of Chemistry conducted a State Level Colloquium on the topic “Recent Trends in Physical and Chemical Sciences”.
- The Department of Zoology conducted a UGC sponsored National level conference on the topic “Bioprospecting – Discovery of Natural Bioactive Molecules”
- The IQAC of DKM College conducted a UGC sponsored National level Workshop on the topic “Quality Assurance in Autonomous Colleges – through IQAC”
- The Department of Tamil conducted an International seminar on the topic “Tamil Elakkiyangalil Pengal” and “Tamil Elakkiyangalil Vazhipadugal”
- The Departments such as Biochemistry, Foods and Nutrition and Computer science also conducted National Level Seminars and workshops.
College Union (Aided)
The office bearers of the college union (Aided)
Student Chairman Selvi. M.Vanishree III B.Sc. Zoology
The office bearers of the college union (Unaided) are
- PG Student Chairman Selvi Sandhiya II M.Sc Computer science
- UG Student Chairman selvi Nagma III B.Sc Foods and Nutrition
- On 24-07-2014, the college union and its allied associations of (aided) stream were inaugurated by Thiru. Dr. M.A. Jayaraj, M.Com., Phil., Ph.D., Joint Director of Collegiate Education, Vellore Region, Vellore and
- On 23.07.2014, the college union and its allied associations (unaided stream) were inaugurated by Thiru. Dr. Abdul Kadhar M.A., M.Phil., Ph.D., Associate Professor,(Retd.) Dept of Tamil, Islamiah college, Vaniyambadi.
- On 01.08.2014, the Fresher’s Day was conducted to welcome the I year Students.
- On 15-08-2014 Mrs. K.Usharani, the office Superintendent hoisted the National flag and Mrs. R.Rajeswari, Associate Professor and H.O.D of Mathematics delivered the Independence day message
- On 5thSep 2014, Teacher’s Day was celebrated.
- K.Tamizhselvan, M.A., M.Phil., Ph.D., Associate Professor of Tamil, School of Social Science & Languages, VIT University, Vellore delivered the Teacher’s Day address and distributed the cash awards to the students for their best performance in the semester examinations.
- On 09.08.2014, International White Cane Day was observed on behalf of the Indian Association for the Blind which will be utilized to educate visually challenged children, a fund of Rs.8000 was collected.
- On 12.09.2014 the Center for Children’s Film Education, Tamilnadu & Pondicherry organized a film show on Perunthalivar Kamaraj.
- On 10.01.2015, a Film was screened on E.V.R. Periyar – as per the Direction of the Directorate of Collegiate Education, Chennai.
- On 26th 2015, Mr.P.Veerasamy, the Junior Assistant hoisted the National flag and Mrs.K.Nappinai Assoc. Prof & HOD of Commerce gave the Republic Day message
Fine Arts day
The fine arts day celebration was conducted on 07.01.2015 and the chief guests were Dr. Sr. A. Mary Josephiene Rani, M.Sc., M.Phil., Ph.D., Vice Principal & Head, PG & Research Department of Zoology, Auxilium College, Vellore and Mrs. Shree Priya Suresh, B. Com., M.A (YHE)., M. D (Acu)., Priya Textiles, Vellore.
Various competitions like Music, Dance, Cooking, Rangoli, Drawing, Hair-do, Mehandi, Handwork, Saree designing, Folk dance, Bouquet making were conducted. The winners were awarded with certificates and prizes.
The fine arts day was celebrated on 21.02.2015, Dr. K. Venkatesan M.A., Ph.D., RMC., Chief Physician, Multi Speciality Siddha Hospital, Chennai was the chief guest. Various competitions like Singing, Western and Folk dance, Cooking, Rangoli using colors and flowers, Paper cutting, Hair do, Mehandi, Handwork, Saree designing, Fashion show, Bride and bridegroom show, Face and Tile painting were conducted. Students participated enthusiastically in all competitions and exhibited their talents. The winners were awarded with prizes and certificates.
The Alumni meet is held every year on the last Sunday of January. This year the Alumni meet was held on 25-01-2015. The new office bearers for the alumnae association were elected. This year 487 alumnae attended the meeting and went down memory lane, reunited with their class mates and staff members.
- A District level Elocution Contest was held on 01.08.2014 in the college on the topic “Indraiya Nilayil Manitha Uyirkalin Mathipu”
- A one day District level Youth Red Cross Training Cum Study Camp was organised on 24.08.2014.
- 4 YRC Volunteers along with the YRC Programme Officer, participated in the Inter – State YRC Training cum study camp at Bharathiar University, Coimbatore from 12.12.14 to 16.12.14.
- Participated in the Blood Donation Camp at Government Thirumagal Mills College, Gudiyattam on 18.10.2014.
- K. Ameenal Bibi, YRC Programme Officer acted as a resource person for the YRC Orientation Programme at Hindustan College of Arts and Science, Padur, Kelambkkam, OMR, Chennai on 22.01.2015.
- Organized a Health Programme in the college campus on the topic “Elegant Medical Tips for Healthy Life” on 27.03.2015. Resource Person:“Healer Baskar”.
- A job fair was organized by the Employment office, Tamilnadu Industrial Skill Development office, D.K.M College for women, Vellore and Golden City Rotary Club, Vellore in the college campus on 05. 07.14. 20 companies were invited. Nearly 1700 graduates attended and 650 were selected.
- As a part of their ‘Reach Out’ programme, ING LIFE INSURANCE conducted an awareness programme for the final year students on job opportunities in the field of insurance on 13.08.2014. Nearly 200 students benefited.
- A Responsibility Enhancement Programme was organized for the final year students by Thiru. G. Kumaraguru, Director, and Thiru. R. Raja, Manager HELIKX, Salem on 21. 08.2014 and 50 final year students benefited from this program.
- A Faculty Development Programme was organized on 22.08.14 by Thiru. G. Kumaraguru, Director, and Thiru. R. Raja Manager HELIKX, in which 120 staff members participated.
- A Soft skill training programme was organized by Miss. Vijayalakshmi, SMART English, Salem for final year students from 05.08.2014 – 30.08.2014. Nearly 500 students got benefited.
- A resource person from T.I.M.E Institute conducted an awareness programme on various competitive exams, particularly Bank exams on 29.11.2014. The Director of LAL and LAL IAS Academy Chennai, addressed all the final years of day and evening college and created awareness regarding competitive exams on 29.01.2015.
- Campus Recruitment for the post of teachers was conducted by Vedhavalli Vidhyalaya School, Walajah on 05.02.2015. Totally 200 students attended the program and 80 were short listed.
- Sky reach organization, Pondicherry, INDIAN HEALTH CARE SERVICES CHENNAI, conducted a campus recruitment in which 650 students participated.
- Yogam BPO conducted a training programme on Medical Transcription on 10.03.2015 for final year students.
National Cadet Corps (NCC) activities
13 Cadets wrote c-certificate exam on 1-3-2015 at Auxilium college.
Prizes were won in the state level BLC-Basic Leadership Camp conducted at Soka Iakkada college.
M.Vanishree won I Prize in 800mts running
P.Nithya won II Prize in 1000 mts running
P.Nithya, M.Vanishree, P.Sneka, K.Kanaga Durga won I Prize in skit competition.
Among 750 cadets in the camp, only 2 cadets were selected for the ALC Camp in Delhi in the month of Sep 2014. One cadet was from our college, Cadet M.Vanishree, III B.Sc Zoology.
Citizen Consumer Club
- DKM CCC members participated in various competitions like Essay writing, slogan writing, Drawing/painting and poetry writing organized by the Vellore Collectorate.
- Suganya of III B.Sc Computer Science won the second place in the painting competition held at the State level Consumer Day Celebration.
On 11-02-2014, the State level celebrations on the World Consumer Day were organized at Krishna Engineering College, Arakkonnam. Mrs. A. Sudarvizhi, Co-ordinator and her team received the certificate and the memento.
Entrepreneurship Development Cell
- The Entrepreneurship Development Cell conducted an Entrepreneurship Development Awareness Camp (EDC) for 3 days from 28th to 30th January 2015, for 120 students. The programme included 2 days of Technical Session and a one day Industrial Visit to Suvai Fruits and Vegetables Processing Unit, Kavasampattu Village, K.V.Kuppam, Vellore Dt.
- The Topics covered were
- The need and importance of Entrepreneurship
- Procedural aspect of establishing an SSI and new Entrepreneurship
- Women empowerment
- Employability skills
- Management games
- Self employment schemes
- Role of DIC and incentives
- Institutional support to promote MSME’s
- Preparation of project report
- Soft Skill Women Empowerment
- Goal Setting Games
- Achievement Motivating training
- Business Opportunity Guidance
Yoga and Meditation club activities
A one day Yoga Awareness Programme On 18.02.2015 conducted for the First Year students with the help of Manavala Kalai Mandram, Sankaranpalayam, Vellore.
Anti Ragging cell
The Co-ordinator of Anti Ragging Cell is Dr.K.Devi, Associate Prof., Department of Zoology. The anti ragging committee includes all the HODs of Major Departments and the student representatives of all the classes. The Government and the UGC guidelines about anti ragging were informed to the students in the assembly. Awareness against the use of Tobacco products was also created. The pamphlets with the instructions on anti ragging were distributed to create an awareness to the students and parents and their signatures were obtained. A complaint box is placed in the college campus, to enable the students to offer their complaints. I am proud to tell so far no complaint has been registered relating to ragging. So, our college is 100% Ragging free college campus.
Sports and Games
Dr.E.Amsa Directress of physical education participated in the Sports Conducted by State Development Authority of Tamilnadu Government Servants (SDAT) on 27.03.2015 and won the following sports activities.
- Winner in shuttle
- III Place in 400 mts
- II Place in 4×100 mts relay
- I Place in shot put
- She has been selected to participate in the state level shuttle and shot- put which is going to held in the month of June 2015.
The department of physical education introduced a Non-Major Paper “ Yoga for health and fitness” for the II year students in the academic year 2014-2015.
Manjula of I-B.Com participated in the State level Atheletics competition in Dharmapuri and received I place in Shotput.
|S.No||Name of the Student||Class||Event|
|1||S. Tamilarasi||II M.Com||Cross Country|
|2||M. Suganya||II M.Sc. CS||Ball Badminton|
|3||H. Kowsalya||II B.Sc. CS||Ball Badminton|
|4||S. Meena||I BA English||Badminton|
|5||G. Kanchana||III B.Com||Football and also participated All India Football|
|6||S. Mathireyee||I B.Sc. Biochemistry||Cricket|
|7||R. Ashwini||II BA English||Cricket|
|8||T. Durgadevi||II B.Sc. C.S||Cricket|
|9||S. Sakthipriya||I M.Com||Cricket|
|10||G. Keerthana||I B.Sc. C.S||Cricket|
|11||M. Revathibai||III B.Sc. C.S||Cricket|
Eleven of our students were selected as University Blue this year
- Ms. S. Tamilarasi – II. M. Com got 5th place in cross country conducted at Shanmuga Arts and Science college and selected to the All India Inter University competition at M.G. University, Kottayam.
- The college Football team won in the South zone competition conducted at Auxilium college.
- Ms. G. Kanchana – III B.Com was selected to participate in the south zone inter University competition in football. She was selected and took part in All India inter university tournament conducted at Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi.
- The college Ball badminton team won in the inter University competition. Ms. G. Suganya – II M.Sc (CS) was selected to participate in the south zone inter university to be held at Anna University, Chennai.
- The college secured winner in Badminton tournament in the University level. Ms. G. Meena – I BA English and H. Kowsalya – II B.Sc. CS were selected to participate in the south zone inter university to be held at Bharathiar University, Coimbatore.
- Thiruvalluvar University conducted an Inter collegiate cricket tournament at Auxilium college, Vellore. The college placed runners up. In this tournament 11 girls were selected to participate in the inter divisional tournament held at Auxilium College, Vellore, who were the winners in this tournament. 6 of our students were selected to participate in south zone inter university tournament to be held at Anna University, Trichy.
- Totally 15 programmes were conducted in the academic year 2014-2015
- In connection with “World Population Day” and in association with Government Medical College, Vellore, a human rally was conducted on 22.07.14, from Gandhi Statue to Town Hall, Vellore. The rally was followed by a meeting at Town Hall, Vellore
- A Blood donation camp was conducted on 07.08.14 at DKM college for women, Vellore and 30 volunteers donated blood.
- On Sadhbavana Diwas a Pledge was taken in the presence of Dr. P.N. Sudha, Principal, DKM College, Vellore and prizes were distributed to the winners of various competitions.
- On Suicide Prevention Day, a Cycle rally was conducted on 10.09.14 from Vellore Taluk Office to DKM College, Sainathapuram, Vellore. A signature campaign was also conducted. Dr. Zubaidha Sulthana, Psychiatrist, Meenakshi Medical College, Kancheepuram delivered a talk on the topic “Say no to Suicide”. Mr. Chandrasekar, Udavum Ullangal and Rtn. Karthik, Rotary Club of Vellore Presidency took part in the program. Prizes were distributed to the winners. An awareness regarding suicide prevention was created among the students by lighting candles.
- The “NSS Day” was celebrated on 25.08.14. Former NSS Program Officers were honoured. Sweets were distributed to the students. Mr. Sakthivel, Station master, Fire & Rescue Department, Vellore gave a brief introduction about Fire disaster management. Ramesh K Vora, Asst. Governor, Rotary Club of Vellore took part in the meeting. Mr. M. Ramasamy, District officer, Fire & Rescue Department, Vellore organsied “FIRE DISASTER MANAGEMENT DRILL” in the college premises.
- “Joy of Giving” was conducted on 07.10.14. Sunil Chandi, Director, Christian Medical College, Vellore addressed the volunteers about the importance of donating things to the needy.
- The Fire & Rescue Department, Vellore demonstrated a “Safe Diwali” on 10.14 and explained to the students on how to avoid accidents during Diwali and the do’s and don’ts during fire accidents. Pamphlets on ‘Do’s and Dont’s during Diwali’ were issued to the public which explains how to celebrate Diwali without any accidents.
- An “Eye Donation Awareness Camp” was conducted on 10.14. Dr. J. Ganesh, District chairperson for Eye Donation talked about eye donation and conducted competitions related to eye care and eye donation. Prizes were distributed to the winners.
- A Blood donation camp was conducted on 12.14 by HDFC bank and Christian Medical College, Vellore in the college premises followed by a meeting. Thiru. R. Chandrasekaran, President, Udavum Ullangal, Vellore talked about the importance of blood donation.
- The NSS, DKM College and Lions Clubs International jointly conducted a ‘SIGHT FIRST SEMINAR’on 12.14. Dr. V.M. Sankaran, PDG & Medical Director, Agarwal Eye Hospital delivered a special address on ‘Love Your Eyes’.
- Samathuva Pongal was celebrated on 1.15. Various cultural programs like Kummi, Kollatam, Pulli Attam, etc., and traditional games like pallankuzhi, Thayam, Kallatam, Uri adithal were conducted.
- The National Voter’s Day Pledge was taken on 23.1.15 in the presence of P.N. Sudha, Principal, DKM College, Vellore.
- On behalf of Joy of Giving, the NSS PO’s along with the volunteers went to Chatiram where CMC out patients live, Holy-Cross Deaf and Dumb school, Nambikkai Illam (Home for Destitute children) and Udavum Ullangal and distributed materials like dresses, stationeries, cosmetics, house hold and food items on 11.02.15
- On behalf of Swachh Bharath drive, a mass cleaning was conducted in the campus on 28.2.15. All the volunteers participated in cleaning the college premises.
Red Ribbon Club (RRC)
A one day RRC meeting on “Celebrating life” was conducted on 26.03.2015. The chief guests were Mr. Athisaya Ruben, District Manager of TANSAC and Mr. J. Anthony Samy, HIV Counselor, Vellore. They spoke to the students on AIDS awareness.
The Club activities for 2014-15 were inaugurated on 06-8-2014. Rotarian. A. Karthikeyan, organized the meeting. Rotarian Mythili Muralidharan, Chairman, Dt. Annettes Club, R. C. of Chennai Gemini was the chief guests for the inauguration. Blood donation camp was conducted on the same day.
The Rotaract club of DKM College, the Rotary Club of Vellore Presidency and Sri Narayani Hospital jointly conducted a Medical Camp on 10.03.2015. Dr. Asha Devi, Dermatologist and other staff members from Sri Narayani Hospital, Vellore organized a Medical Camp. More than 200 students were benefitted. Rtn. Varghees Mathai, Asst. Governor, Region 15 presented a Charter to Rotaract Club of DKM College for Women.
- The Enviro Club in DKMC has started its 10th year of service to the students and college. Ms. J. Sandhiya, II B.Sc., Zoology is the president. An income of 1,20,000 through cattle breeding, milk production, cultivating vegetables and greens using organic manure.
- The club is supporting more than 16 self help group women for the improvement of their economical and social status.
- A two days Workshop was conducted on “Green Vigour- “Health and Eco Awarness”. SC/ST College students from various colleges participated in this workshop sponsored by Rajiv Gandhi National Institute of Youth Development (RGNIYD), Ministry of Skilled Development Entrepreneurship, Youth Affairs and Sports, Govt. of India. It is a Youth Development programme (YDP) in Higher Educational Institutions. DKM College was one among the five colleges selected in Tamil Nadu to conduct the programme.
Paper/Poster presentation by staff members
Totally 117 papers were presented by our staff members in various international, national and state level seminars/conferences and workshops.
Details of publications by staff
- Totally 113 papers were published by our staff members in various international and national journals.
- A Maximum of 13 papers were published by Dr. P.N. Sudha, Principal and Dr. G. Sujatha, HOD of Tamil Department in various national and international journals in this academic year.
- A Maximum of 6 book chapters in edited books were published by reputed publishers like CRC press, Springer, Elsevier by Dr. P.N. Sudha, Principal in this academic year.
- Two books was published by Dr. G. Sujatha, H.O.D of Tamil Department and she also co-authored four books. She also serves as an honorary author in Chempulam –An International Tamil Research Quarterly journal.
- A book was published by Mrs. S. Asha, Assistant Professor of Biochemistry
- A book was published by Dr. J. Hemapriya, Assistant Professor of Microbiology
Papers/Posters presented by the students
73 students presented papers/posters in various national, international and state level seminars/workshops/conferences.
Totally 89 projects were completed in various Departments like Commerce, Food and Nutrition, Microbiology, Computer Science, Management Studies.
- 27 faculty members are recognised Research Supervisors in various Universities like Thirvalluvar University, Bharathiar University and Sathyabama University.
- 10 faculty members acted as Resource persons in various programs such as National and International seminars and conferences, online shopping, Red Ribbon Club and Entrepreneur Development program.
- 120 students attended various training programs like state level training program on ELJ, Sales Associative, Vegetable Carving and Entrepreneurship Development Programme.
- Totally 29 staff members are acting as members in various consultancy services such as academic council, board of studies and as question paper setters for various universities and autonomous colleges.
- Totally 128 students won prizes in various intercollegiate competitions.
Community Service/Extension Activities undertaken by the Departments
Department of History
On 15/12/2015 the Department of History arranged an educational visit to Vellore Museum.
On 03/03/2015 the Department of History conducted community development programme under extension activities at Amaidhi Poonga School in Kurumbapalayam, Kaniyambadi Vellore District, in which 35 students participated
III B.Sc., Zoology students conducted sports for the disabled persons along with CMC Medical College students at CMC Hospital Bagayam play ground on 21.02.2015. The beneficiaries were more than 300 disabled persons.
III B.Sc., Zoology students were given a Yoga training for Youth Empowerment and Personality development program for 12 days with the help of teachers from Manavalakalai Mandram, Sankaranpalayam
50 students from III B.Sc., Mathematics conducted coaching classes for I Std to V Std students of the Panchayat Union School, V.O.C Nagar, Vellore. V. Priya from II B.Sc Maths takes classes for VI Std to VIII Std students from various schools under Uthavum Ullangal NGO.
An awareness programme on Smokeless Bogi was conducted on 15-10-14. Pamphlets were issued to the public.
An awareness Programme on Dengue Fever was conducted on 20.01.15.
- 24 students participated in various competitions like Tamil oratorical, individual talent, Quiz and Bharatha Natiyam conducted by various Tamizh organisations such as Ulaga thamizharaichi niruvanam.
- 5 students participated in the national conference in Chemistry, held at KMG College of Arts and Science, Gudiyatham, Vellore district.
- 20 students participated in the national level conference held at Sacred Heart College, Tirupattur, on 16-2-2015 and received prizes for different events like Media quiz, Extend your sixth sense and product launch.
- 34 students of the Department of Mathematics participated in various competitions conducted at Bharathi Women’s College, Islamiah College, Vaniyambadi and won prizes. P. Kokila and N. Ilamathi of B.Sc. Mathematics won prizes in Tamil Poetry, Elocution and Essay writing competitions.
- 7 students of Foods and Nutrition participated in various competitions conducted at Madras Medical Mission, Chennai.
- 9 students from II B.Com and III B.Com participated in the seminar on “Aligning life skills with career goals” at MMES College, Melvisharam.
- Manisha, A.G. Soniya and S. Kayalvizhi of I B.Com participated in state level management symposium and won 3rd place in Management games at Sri Arcot Mahalakshmi college, Arcot.
- Kanaga of II B.Com won the 2nd place in a Volley ball competition conducted by Nehru Yuva Kendra, Vellore.
- Priyanka and Jayasudha of III B.Sc Biochemistry won the 1st prize in National level poster presentation on the topic ‘Innovative Skills in Bioscience” at KMG College, Gudiyattam.
- 3 students of II M.Sc Biochemistry won the III prize in Quiz competition conducted by Islamiah womens College, Vaniyambadi.
- Vaishnavi of B.Sc., Biotechnology won the 1st prize in state level paper presentation at Auxilium college, Vellore.
- Deepika and Priyanka of III B.Sc. Biotechnology won the 2nd prize in state level poster presentation conducted by KMG College, Gudiyattam.
- 4 students of II B.Sc ISM won the II prize in state level Adzap competitions conducted by MMES College, Melvisharam.
- Arshiya and M. Soundhariya of III B.B.A won the I Prize in state level business competition and essay writing conducted by MMES College, Melvisharam.
- Madhuvarshini of II B.B.A won the II prize in state level paper presentation conducted by MMES college, Melvisharam.
- 3 students of III B.B.A won the III prize in a state level competitions like Problem solving, Dumb –Charades and Spin a Yarn conducted by Marudhur Kesari Jain College, Vaniyambadi
Finally, it has been a fruitful year for DKM College and I want to place on record, my sincere thanks to all the organizations and individuals who have contributed for the growth and development of this institution.
I also thank our chief guest for listening to our record of events. I thank the Almighty for steering us through the achievements of this year and showering us abundantly with his blessings.