Department of Commerce
Year of Establishment
|B.Com (Unaided UG and PG)||
|B.Com (Computer Applications)||
As “Finance” is the key factor for the survival of any organization whether it is private sector or public sector the study of commerce paves the way to join primary professional courses like, Chartered Accountant (CA) Institute of Cost and work Accountancy (ICWA) Management of Business Administration (MBA) Hence, the commerce graduates can join ACS course through which they can become secretaries of companies. The commerce graduates can practice as Income tax consultants. They can assist the business in maintaining the books of accounts. If a commerce graduate pursues “Law Courses” she can become an efficient lawyer, as she has studied some of the laws in B.Com itself.
In order to encourage students to be acquainted with the developments in the various fields of commerce like Banking and Administrations, commerce association is functioning vibrantly every year.
Activities such as Seminars, Quiz programme, Industrial Visits and other competitions are conducted keeping with the latest trends and expectations.
There is a full-fledged placement cell in our department. It provides placement service interacting with companies. Campus interviews are conducted regularly and right placement of students in reputed organizations. Many students are being placed through these interviews. The effort is strengthened with the active involvement of alumni associations. 150 Students are employed in Private sector 5 students in Govt. organization.
Skill Based subjects
|E-Business and its Application||E-Banking|
|E-Commerce & its Application||E-Marketing|
|General Commercial Knowledge||Elements of Accountancy|
|Tax Practitioner||Financial Consultant , Advisor, Manager|
|Income Tax Department||Cost Accountant|
|Assistant Professors||Stock Exchange Brokers|
|Insurance Agents||Personal Secretary|
- The students are exposed to Career development programmers, which include development of communication skill and Presentation skill. Commerce Exhibition was also conducted.
- M.Phil and Final year M.com students have Projects with viva-voce examination.
- The Department has excellent performance appraisal system. The students are systematically monitored and taken care by means of various class tests and term examinations. The students are advised and parents are informed of the Progress of the Students.
- Industrial visits are arranged for final year students every year. The students and the faculty have visited industries like Spectra Leather/ Bachi Shoes (India) Private Ltd., Sundaram Motors, Hand made paper Industry, Pondicherry etc.
- The department always focuses on the quality of the knowledge and skills imparted to the Students. The experienced and enthusiastic team of faculty member is always striving towards excellence of students.
- The department offers an opportunity to M.Phil Students Studying in our College as faculties if they are eligible. This great institution plays a major role in the holistic development of the student by providing quality Need base education through continuous academic flexibility. To ensure this, our department has introduced Ph.D. in Commerce both FT/PT from the academic year 2012-13.
- Separate book bank at the Department
- Separate library in the department
- Separate computer with Xerox facility in the department
- Smart class room facilities
- Conference hall for conducting seminars/conferences/special guest lecture meetings/workshop
- WiFi connection to access the internet 24 x 7
|DR.R.PADMAJA||308COA01||Head & Associate Professor||Click Here|
|Dr. A.SUDARVIZHI||308COA02||Assistant Professor||Click Here|
|Dr. G.BHAVANI||308COA04||Assistant Professor||Click Here|
|Dr.K.VINITHI||308COA05||Assistant Professor||Click Here|
|MS. D.VIJAYA NIRMALA||308COUA01||Assistant Professor & Head||Click Here|
|Mrs.C.SUMITHA||308COUA02||Assistant Professor & Head||Click Here|
|Mrs.S.SASIKALA||308COUA03||Assistant Professor||Click Here|
|MS. J.JANANI||308COUA04||Assistant Professor||Click Here|
|Ms. P. INDHUMATHI||308COUA05||Assistant Professor||Click Here|
|Mrs.P.ELAVARASI||308C0UA06||Assistant Professor||Click Here|
|Mrs.J.ANBAZHAGI||308COUA07||Assistant Professor||Click Here|
|Dr V.SUDHA||308COUA08||Assistant Professor||Click Here|
|Dr.S.GAYATHRI||308COUA09||Assistant Professor||Click Here|
|Mrs. A.KALAIVANI||308COUA10||Assistant Professor||Click Here|
2020 - 2021
|S.No.||Name and Nature of Programme||Date of the Programme||Title/Topic||Report|
|1.||Webinar||03.06.2020||Strategies to Business Owners during COVID 19|
|2.||Conference||18.02.2021||Women Health, Wealth and Entrepreneurship|
|3.||Guest Lecture Meeting||20.02.2021||Future Trends in Advertising’|
|S.No||Name and Nature of programme||Date of the programme||Topic/Title||Report|
|1.||Webinar||06-06-2020||‘ETHICS IN RESEARCH’||View|
|2.||Awareness Programme||17-02-2021||‘AWARENESS PROGRAMME ON POSTAL SAVINGS SCHEME’||View|
|S.No.||Name of the Programme||Date of the Programme||Title/Topic||Report|
|1.||Special Guest Lecture||27.09.2019||Recent Trends in Banking||View|
|2.||Income Generating Programme||29.01.2020||--|
|3.||Guest Lecture||05.02.2020||Awareness to Digital Banking|
|4.||National Conference||12.02.2020||Industrial Institutional Interaction|