Department of Psychology
We are in the ear of “Stress” Even though there is development in technology, there is also increase in stress. Not only adult having stress, youngster also face problems in making decisions in their major parts of their Life. So everyone is in need of help to overcome this Stress & Problems. Psychologists play major role in helping the individual in overcoming their problems &n help them in dealing with the environment in an effective way
Year of Establishment
B.Sc .Psychology is an undergraduate course. It is the study of the mind via the study of behavior & mental functions. It involves study of mind processes, motives, reaction, feeling, conflict resolution, crisis management, group think motivation & nature of Mind.
To practice Psychology in the profession you could go into clinical forensic, school psychology as well as counselors in industry/organization Department Highlights
- First College to start this course under Thiruvalluvar University.
- Providing students with excellent opportunitites for personal growth & Professional excellence.
- Career oriented Syllabus.
- Well equipped laboratory.
- Guidance & Counseling center (student support Center)
- Internship Training
- Mini Projects with experts.
- Teaching through case study, Group discussion, Brain stroming & Seminars.
- Interactive & Innovative Teaching.
- Use of Audio-Visual Aids.
- Special focus on the Practical aspeed.
- Basic Psychology
- Counseling & Guidance
- Developmental Psychology
- Environmental Psychology
- Psychological Statistics
- Marketing & Consumer Behaviour
- Educational Psychology
- Abnormal Psychology
- Physiological Psychology
- Social Psychology
- Cognitive Psychology
- Health Psychology
- Counseling Skills
- Stress Management
- Life Skills Development
- Clinical Psychologies
- School Counselor
- Forensic Psychologist
- Trainers in Industries
- Non-Gazetted Agencies Survey of public Community
- Rehabilitation Centers
- De-Addiction Centers.
- The laboratory is well equipped with instruments.
- A separate counseling room is available.
|Mrs.Aarthi.D||308PYUA01||Assistant Professor||Click Here|
|Ms.Soniya.K||308PYUA02||Assistant Professor||Click Here|
|Ms. T. Angelin Mary Slessor||308PYUA03||Assistant Professor||Click Here|
2020 - 2021
|S.No.||Name and Nature of Programme||Date of the Programme||Title/Topic||Report|
|1||Webinar on “ the development and practice of Community Psychology”||26.03.2021||The Development And Practice of Community Psychology||Report|