Yoga is a path of spiritual enquiry directed to an objective understanding of life and living. Over the years, yoga has also evolved into a science of Health and Healing.
In our College, the Yoga and Meditation Club was started in the year 2008-09. Yoga and meditation club conducts programms to staff and students to understand the importance of maintaining good health both physically and mentally. In the beginning of every academic year an awareness programme was conducted to first year students. For the 12 days programme on yoga for Human Excellence were conducted with the help of Manavalakalai Mandram, Sankaranpalayam, vellore.
The trained teachers teach simple exercises, Kayakalpam and meditation. Exercises to maintain physical health, Kayakalpam 15 prolong life activities meditation to make them fit mentally and to understand the inner life.
Aims and Objectives
- To train young, intelligent and educated women into basics of Yoga with all its pure and pristine form.
- To acquaint them with prominent features of all cultures so as to enable them to perceive broader horizons of Yoga encompassing all world cultures.
- To enable them to discover Yogic tenets in their own cultures.
- To get them well grounded in a cultural synthesis so that they may strive not only to lead a well integrated life themselves but also to teach others to attain the same to establish brotherhood of man on the face of the earth.
YOGA FOR HUMAN EXCELLENCE AND MEDITATION CLUB ACTIVITIES
- Human personality is a collection of physical, mental and behavioral traits and patterns that we exhibit in our life. These traits in our students should be developed in a positive way and overall development in their personality is to be bring out to fit them in the competitive world. the conscious, subconscious and physical personality can be greatly improved by practicing simple yoga postures which stretch the body and trigger relaxation.
- Meditation enriches the intellectual personality. Keeping in view the above with the coordination of world community center, (simplified kundaliniya yoga SKY) spiritual branch at Sainathapuram. We have already trained nearly eighty students and certificates were issued. This year next batches of sixty students are taking up yoga currently.
- In the year 2009-10, Yoga demonstration was conducted on 18.02.2010 by Mr.M.Sathiyamurthy, Yoga instructor and Asst. Prof., Simplified Kundaliniya Yoga, Vellore.
- In the year 2010-11, a lecture was given on “The Importance of Yoga and Meditation for Students” was delivered by Prof.S.Shanmugam, member Manavalakalai Mandram, Sankaranpalayam, Vellore, on 04.02.2011.
- Yoga and Meditation club has organised ‘Personality development’ course for 12 days on yoga for Human excellence consist of meditation, Kayakalpam and yoga for staff and students, 40 members participated and benefited out of this programme.
- The resource persons are Professors, Assistant Professors and Arulniothi’s from the Manavalakalai Mandram, Sankaranpalayam, Vellore.
Committee members are:
|1||Dr. P.N. Sudha, M.Sc., M.Phil., M.Ed., Ph.D.,|
D.K.M. College for Women,
|2||Dr. K. Devi, M.Sc., M.Phil., M.Ed., Ph.D.,|
Associate Prof. of Zoology
D.K.M. College for Women,