A separate Cell for ‘Entrepreneurship Development (EDP)’ has been established in the year 2009-2010 with the help of centre for Entrepreneurship Development CED (Tamil Nadu), Madurai. Nodal office Dr. Devi is the Coordinator of the cell and has organized many programmes for third year UG students. The purpose is to bring the best out of the individual.
Objectives of EDP Cell
- Creating awareness of entrepreneurship among graduates
- Guidance for generating business ideas and to convert them to business plans
- Guidance and mentoring for establishing start-up companies
- Incubate innovative student projects
- To inculcate the entrepreneurial culture into their minds.
- To attract at least two industry person per month to inculcate the knowledge of Entrepreneurship.
- To invite at least two banking employees to share the sources of starting an industry.
Entrepreneurship Development Cell Activities
EDP cell conducts every year 3 Days awareness programmes (Two days Technical session and one day industrial visit) for the benefit of the students.
- Dr. P.N. Sudha, M.Sc., M.Phil., M.Ed., Ph.D.,
- Dr. K. Devi, M.Sc., M.Phil., M.Ed., Ph.D.,
Head, Department of Zoology,